tisdag 30 oktober 2012

Definitely Batty!

I´ve always had a thing about bats. I think they are kind of cute.

A couple of years ago we had a really funny bat on our island in the Stockholm archepelago. It woke up around two every afternoon and joined us on the beach. It flew around in the bright sunshine chasing mosquitos. Definitely batty!

I´m not sure that anyone else would knit a bat hat, but once I had had the idea I couldn´t resist.



 I did plan to have it modelled on a pumpkin, but failing to find a suitable one my head had to do.

There are some matching mittens, too.


I think they were meant to look a bit scary.  However, I don´t think I quite succeeded.

But bats have a lot of attitude. They have that in common with owls. 

Happy Halloween!


10 kommentarer:

  1. Very cool! Definitely perfect for Halloween! :))

    SvaraRadera
  2. Not that scary but soooooo cool! Lovely

    SvaraRadera
  3. Snygga, och höstiga i den färgställningen!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Do you plan on releasing the pattern for the bat ensemble? Very charming indeed.
    Julie in San Diego.

    SvaraRadera
  5. I love bats too! They perform many valuable public services. I'm always thrilled whenever I see one. The hat is super cute!

    SvaraRadera
  6. I love my bat hat and wear it on cool nights when I am out trying to detect bats. It's especially lovely that it is in five repeats as this reminds me of the Chinese wu fu design which has five bats for five blessings in it.
    Batty Anne

    SvaraRadera
  7. I love my bat hat and wear it on cool nights when I am out trying to detect bats. It's especially lovely that it is in five repeats as this reminds me of the Chinese wu fu design which has five bats for five blessings in it.
    Batty Anne

    SvaraRadera